Monday, April 18, 2011

I'M BACK AND JUST IN TIME FOR THE SPRING CARNIVAL!

Evie the Book Fiend is back, ready to read and blog her fiendish little heart out!




It's been a long time--too, too long. That silly thing called work got in the way, but now my nursing position is a little less demanding (I always did say my reading had a job problem) and it's my hope to start making my way through the stacks again.

Funny, working long hours never stopped me from accumulating books. Some people are shoe people, or purse people, or technology people. Me...I'm a book person all the way. New, used, bookstore, yard sale, thrift shop--I don't care. I heart me some books!




This is just a picture of one small shelf; hardly a true representation of my collection or what my house looks like. There are books everywhere. Honestly. Piles of them. I'm just not brave enough to post that picture yet. ; ) There's a reason why my husband calls me a book fiend. To me, books are a feast for the senses; I love to see them nestled together on my bookshelves, to hold them in my hands, hear the soft sound of pages turning, all the while getting swept away by the stories hidden within.

On a different note, around the blogosphere I've notice bloggers taking pictures of their most recent book purchases. This includes two of my favorite things: books and photography. I've recently discovered an awesome app, Hipstamatic, that takes photos but gives them the feel of an old instamatic pocket camera. Cool! As I play and learn more about it, I'll post more pictures, but here are some recent purchases.




Faithful Place by Tana French and Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr were both fantastic reads. Reviews forthcoming. I've heard nothing but great things about Game of Thrones by George Martin, so I'm looking forward to reading it if I can keep my nose out of the HBO series. Right now I'm reading The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht.

Please come back and visit as I'll be participating in the SPRING BLOG CARNIVAL May 1st through the 8th. (I hope the weather's nice!) I'm not beneath bribery: I'll be hosting a giveaway!

Hmm, what to choose...what to choose.

*


*

(twists mouth, furrows brow)

*


*

Just remember, carnivals are never quite what they seem. Some are shrouded in mystery and intrigue,


*


*

promises and curses,

*

*
with frightening creatures and fruit out of season

*

*

(Laughs wickedly)

*

*

Check back, good reader. If you dare...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are back! I can't wait to hear about all the books you are reading! And I hope you have fun with the carnival!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Be well, and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Lost Atlantis kit by Irene Alexeeva