Thursday, June 9, 2011

YA Bloggers Best Overlooked Book Battle 2011

For the month of of June I'll be participating in the second round of YA Bloggers Best Overlooked Book Battle 2011, hosted by The Shady Glade.

This battle is such a great idea. Some of my favorite YA books are outside the "big bookstore" spotlight, such as Keturah and Lord Death and Bloody Jack. Hot new titles are fun to read, but I'm hesitant to follow trends, and don't always choose from the in your face displays. I'm selective, picky even, always wondering what else is out there. I'm excited about finding original YA titles that have been overlooked for what ever reason, and I can't wait to see which novel wins.

Follow the links to see if any books you've read made the first list, and if they've advanced to round two.


Exciting, right! My partner, Melissa, and I will be reading Keeping Corner by Kashmira Sheth and Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell. After reading, critiquing, and a lively debate, we'll choose a winner. The winner will move on to the next round.

Stay tuned for my reviews on Keeping Corner and Song of the Sparrow, and which book Melissa and I chose as the winner, and don't forget to follow along to find the best overlooked book of 2011!

*I'll link Melissa's blog as soon as my laptop stops trying to take over the planet. The battle trailer is eating up blog space, but I'll leave it because it's so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Be well, and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Lost Atlantis kit by Irene Alexeeva