Thursday, May 28, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I really do need to finish the Harry Potter series.  I've only read the first two.  



People I know that've read Harry Potter love the series, and I'm not talking children.   Surgeons in the OR are reading Harry Potter in the lounge while waiting for their cases to be set up.  One surgeon that I remember in particular is in his fifties and married.  I asked if he was previewing the book before his children read it.  He informed me he didn't have any children, and that the book was his!  I had to promise to read the series!

2 comments:

  1. It really is good. I understand how some people are a bit cautious about it because they think it's only for children but it really isn't. I got my father, who's 52 and married with four kids, to read it and he's not a reader. :) He LOVES the series. He even started calling one of my three year old cousins Winkie after one of the elves in the book haha If you knew him you would be EXTREMELY surprised that he read and liked them. He's just not the type to read period and especially something about wizards and such. Trust me you are seriously missing out. I suggest you get to it and quick you will not regret it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post but I was browsing through some of your archive and had to comment. Totally agree with the comment above, I am a huuuuuge Harry Potter fan! I got hooked on the series back in 2002 and still a devoted fan to this day =D Did you end up reading anymore in the series? I love all the books but my favourites are 4-7... the 6th and 7th especially, LOVE them. You should read them all before November 2010 when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 comes out at the cinema *nudges* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Be well, and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Lost Atlantis kit by Irene Alexeeva