Thursday, August 18, 2011

Authors Are My Super Heroes

Do you like to hear good news?

I do.  I especially love to hear great things about authors. Writing is solitary, sometimes lonesome work, and the entire process of writing a novel-- from idea to polished manuscript--is a long, arduous journey littered with pitfalls. If it was easy, we'd all be doing it, amiright? Authors are my super heroes. Enough already about actors. They're just playing dress-up in character. But who creates the characters? Exactly.

Thanks for sticking with me this far.  Good news commencing!

Erin Morgenstern, Veronica Roth, and Marie Lu all had dreams of their first novels making it to publication, but what followed in the wake of their book deals was never expected. Movie deals. (Happy dance who bought what details can be found here.)  


Divergent by Veronica Roth was released in May so that makes sense to me--it's a best seller--but Morgenstern's The Night Circus won't be released until September 13th, and Marie Lu's Legend won't be out until November 29th.  Hmm. My curiosity is piqued.

I can't help but wonder at the WOW factor of these novels that moved powerful, influential people in the entertainment industry to part with their cash and snatch up the movie rights before the book's popularity could be assessed. The stories must be pure jaw-dropping, epic awesomeness. And make it a la mode.







I want. I want.

Surprisingly, I haven't read Divergent. It just wasn't on my radar, but you can bet your auntie's glass eye that I'll read it now. Have you read it?  How do you think the story will adapt to film?  Which book are you most looking forward to:  The Night Circus or Legend?  

Be well, and happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Divergent! It really is a great read and deserves the book deal. I have The Night Circus and Legend and I'm really anxious to read both of those and see what the fuss is about.

    Oh, did you hear about Lenore from the the book blog Presenting Lenore and her joint book & movie deal? It's so awesome! http://presentinglenore.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-deal-announced.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have The Night Circus! I am SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Be well, and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Lost Atlantis kit by Irene Alexeeva