Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween and I've been thinking of the scariest books I've read that completely freaked me out, almost making a believer out of me.

Read while spending the summer at my cousin's house in upstate New York, I put on every crucifix I could find, and made my cousin sleep with me for days.  To this day it's stories about the devil that scare me the most.


Scary, mindless vampires by Stephen King.  Need I say more?


The classic that started the change in the vampire mythos, soon to become what I now call Vampire Romeo's, tortured, guilt-ridden, merciful.  I prefer the blood-lusting monsters with the rare one that's managed to hold on to his humanity.

A classic.  Disturbing.  Ghostly.


It's been a while since I've read this, and all I remember is that it scared me and I couldn't put it down!  I just bought it a used book fair this past weekend, so I'm anxious to read it again.


Vengeful ghosts.  Chills will skitter up and down your spine! 


This book really surprised me.  One of the most terrifying, but coolest scenes I've ever read is in this book.  I've tried to reread this book to analyze the scene to find why it frightened me so, but I haven't had the chance.  I think it has to do with loss of control.  And facing a blood-lusting vampire!


Because people are the scariest of all.

What are the scariest books you've read?


Happy Halloween, everyone!

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It's been years since I read Sunshine - perhaps I need to revisit that scene which frightened you so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback. Be well, and happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs Lost Atlantis kit by Irene Alexeeva